Compliance with Lobby Disclosure Act and Internal Revenue Service
Duke is required by law to submit detailed quarterly reports on state & federal lobbying activity undertaken by individuals employed, or acting on behalf of, the University and the Health System. In order to capture these various lobbying activities for Duke University, the Office of Government Relations sends out a web-based lobbying questionnaire on a quarterly basis to select individuals on campus. The below PDF is a sample questionnaire to be used for review only. The official questionnaire is web-based and will be sent directly to select individuals.
Guidance and FAQs
- Definitions, exceptions, and examples to assist with the Questionnaire (pdf)
- Government Relations Activities Policy (for Duke University and Duke University Health System, Inc.)
- Selected examples of government relations scenarios and recommended action
- U.S. House of Representatives – Lobby Disclosure User Guide
- FAQs about NC Ethics Laws (Updated Sept 2016)