The Office of Government Relations works to:
- Advocate for Duke and higher education interests on legislative and regulatory matters in Washington, DC;
- Position Duke faculty and staff expertise to inform public debate;
- Offer Duke faculty and staff expertise to federal policymakers;
- Serve as a resource to the communities on campus and in Washington, DC;
- Collaborate with policymakers; higher education associations and coalitions; and other colleges and universities to advance the interests of the Duke community.
- For federal legislative and regulatory matters of interest to Duke University:
- Duke Government Relations
- For health-related issues at the federal level for Duke University Health System:
- Duke Health Government Relations
- For issues and interests with government officials and legislators in Raleigh and throughout the state.
- Duke State Relations